10 Lyrics I Wish I'd Written
1. Garbage - I'm Only Happy When It Rains
"I'm riding high upon a deep depression"
2. Queens Of the Stone Age - Smooth Sailing
"I blow my load over the status quo"
3. PJ Harvey - Dry
"You leave me dry"
4. Lush - Ladykillers
"I'm a five-foot mirror for reflecting himself; here's seven years bad luck"
5. Nine Inch Nails - Closer
"I wanna fuck you like an animal"
6. Birdeatsbaby - Tenterhooks
"Heaven speaks a different tongue; yours is silver and undone"
7. BB King - The Thrill Is Gone
"I'm free from your spell, and now all I can do is wish you well"
8. Sean Taylor - Flood & Burn
"The cold and the cunning always go straight to the top. And the rest of you do-good suckers better get out of my shop"
9. Marianne Faithful - Why D'Ya Do It
"You just tore all our kisses right in half"
10. Alanis Morissette - You Oughta Know
"And every time you speak her name, does she know how you told me you'd hold me until you died, til you died, but you're still alive"
And to finish, my favourite lyric of my own:
Hana Piranha - Back Again
"Just gotta suck up all the rivers I've cried"